Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thumbs Up!


This past weekend I took a road trip to Canada. I visited both Quebec and Montreal. While visiting the latter one of the coolest things I was able to do (total tourist) was visit the Biodome. In what was once the old Olympic cycling stadium exists four climates that people can walk through and see native wildlife. The four climates are Rain Forest, Deciduous Forest, Arctic and the St. Lawrence River which is the body of water next to Montreal.  The Biodome of course had two visiting sloths which they have named "Les Lents de Nature" or "Nature's Slowpokes". As we all know sloths are so hot right now. (In all honesty that is the second time I have written that phrase in my life and probably not the last) What I loved most was that they made a sloth using simple thumb print art on all the signs (seen above). I later came to discover that on most of the enclosures they used this technique as well. I thought this was such a fun and simple idea to use for programming. Why not discuss animals from a certain climate and then draw them using thumbs and markers! Look below at some of the signage from the Biodome for inspiration!





For even more inspiration take a look at the books of finger print writer, Ed Emberly!



No comments:

Post a Comment