Thursday, May 15, 2014

TBT: Harriet the Spy turns 50!


When Nickelodeon released "Harriet the Spy" the movie I fell head-over-heals in love with it. I was the first on the block out of my group of friends to turn one of my old Composition notebooks into a spy book. I watched that movie over and over and over again. I even considered myself a spy, went around interviewing neighbors, and even made my very own spy kit. Harriet had it all: glasses, a notebook, a sharpened pencil, keen skills of observation and a voice. Harriet was a kid that could definitely be considered precocious. Just this past February she turned 50. Since my infatuation with the movie I have read the book and loved it. like many book-to-movie adaptations there were many changes, but still Harriet nonetheless. Although I was in love with a different version of the story as a child I still have a special place in my heart for Miss Harriet M. Welsch no matter how she appears before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment