|Fleece Dog Toy|
|Fleece Catnip Toy|
Small child’s sock
1. Place a pinch of the catnip in the toe of the sock.
2. Insert a handful of the fiberfill.
3. Add a pinch more catnip.
4. Tie the sock closed with yarn. Make sure it is closed tightly.
5. Draw a face with permanent marker.
6. Cut out felt ears and glue them on.
Taken from Family Fun Magazine: www.familyfun.go.com/crafts/catnip-mouse-660939
No-Sew Fleece Cat Toy
1. Take a 4”x7” square of fleece and lay it on a flat surface in front of you. The longest edge should be facing you.
2. Place a teaspoon of catnip in the center of the fleece but towards the long edge that is closest to you.
3. Fold the long edge that is closest to you over the catnip and roll it tightly.
4. Tie a knot in the middle of the fleece where the catnip is.
5. Trim the ends to desired length.
Taken from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZdEISG6K8o
Fleece Rope Dog Toy
1. Take 3 strips of fleece cut to the same width and length and stack them one of top of each other. For larger toys, use strips that are about 4 inches wide and 30 inches in length. For smaller toys, use strips that are about 2 inches wide and 15 inches in length.
2. Rubber band one end of the bunch together. Place the rubber band about four inches from the end. If you are using a short strip of fleece (15 inches or less), leave about 3 inches.
3. Hold the rubber-banded end between your knees or have a friend hold that end for you.
4. Braid the three strands together. Make sure the braid is nice and tight so it’s harder for the dog to get his teeth through it. Leave the same amount of unbraided fleece as the first end.
5. Wrap another rubber band at the end of your braid where you just finished.
6. Make a knot where each rubber band is located. Try to get the knot as close to where the rubber band is located. Snip the rubber band (make sure not to cut the fabric) and pull the rubber band out. Pull the knot tight.
7. Trim the unbraided ends of the toy so they are about the same length. Leave at least 3 inches of unbraided fleece on each end.
8. Tie a knot in the center. If the rope is long, tie two knots in different spots.